It’s almost like an urban legend - the mystery behind EMFs and how they can harm us. With all the hype and mystery surrounding EMFs (electromagnetic fields), we tend to get visions in our head of radiation poisoning, mutated beasts from movie thrillers and radiation waves making us into some type of mutant generation.
It doesn’t help when we hear horror stories about these electromagnetic fields (EMFs) radiating us and causing cancerous diseases that give us brain tumors and behavioral problems. Is this even true? Are we doomed in a modern world that is fixated on destroying us?
Let’s take a step back and look at the realities behind EMFs, where they come from and are they as bad as the horror movies and rumors make us believe they are? And if so, what are the solutions to this apparent problem we are facing in our world today?
In The Beginning
Since the Earth began, the sun has sent out waves of energy, or radiation (EMFs). We see this every day as visible light. It is a part of our lives. Without it, life would not exist on this planet. It is a very necessary part of our very existence.
New inventions at the turn of the century gave us power lines and indoor lighting. At that time, scientists discovered that these electrical appliances and light fixtures emitted the same type of energy that our sun does naturally.
In The Modern World Today
Today, the majority of the world’s population has electricity and appliances - increasing our exposures to EMFs more and more - and since EMFs are already naturally occurring in nature, most scientists have dismissed the overall health concern to ourselves - limiting the research needed to assess any real problems.
BUT NOW - as the number of gadgets and appliances have increased in our lives with personal computers, bluetooth and earbuds - we need to look a bit further to see how the increase of EMFs have affected us as a whole. To effectively determine the impact on us personally, let’s look into what an EMF actually does to the human body and other organic substances around us.
What are EMFs and What is the Hoopla About?
EMFs are the abbreviation for ElectroMagnetic Field. It is the combination of electrical current - the pressure used to push the electricity forward, and the magnetic field which is created as the result of the flow of electric current, usually through electrical devices. Both of these combined are referred to as an ElectroMagnetic Field - which is a form of radiation.
EMFs can come from both natural and man made sources.
- One example of a natural form of EMF is lightning in a thunderstorm, which creates a current of electricity between the sky and the ground. Surrounding that current is the magnetic field of that lightning bolt.
- Another natural EMF is the Earth’s very own magnetic field - generated by the Earth’s core. This same magnetic core is what makes compasses work. It is used by pigeons and other birds - as well as fish and sea mammals to navigate the waters.
- The light we see on a daily basis is actual EMFs being given off by the sun. It is necessary for life. We cannot get away from them here on our planet. And we really wouldn’t want to! Imagine a planet with no light, energy or heat. No thank you!
Manmade EMFs (Low-frequency)
Man Made EMFs (High-frequency) :
T.V. and Radios
Medical X-Rays - Ultraviolet (UV) light - Gamma Rays - Cosmic Rays (coming from surrounding celestial bodies in space)
EMFs - both natural and man made have various chemical effects on our bodies and other organic material due to the deterioration it causes in large molecules in cells - creating imbalances in the ionic equilibrium of the cell’s atoms.
Although EMFs are invisible, they have the potential to affect our bodies. The cumulative effect may be similar to pollution or toxin exposure. The body can mediate the effects to a certain point, but over that limit, we may begin to notice undesirable and confusing symptoms. This condition has come to be known as Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity or Electrosensitivity.
Is Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity a Real Thing?
Currently, there is no evidence that links EMFs to perceived symptoms of EHS. Some say it is merely a psychological response or a “nocebo” effect - a strong belief that the EMFs are harmful.
Those who feel more connected to the outdoors seem to have a greater sensitivity to the EMFs than others - possibly due to their negative perception toward anything they feel is artificial.
In a 2018 study, people who self-diagnosed themselves with EHS reported more symptoms when they thought each station in the test was on, even if they weren’t - suggesting they couldn’t tell when and if they were being exposed to EMFs.
Another study found that prolonged exposure to EMFs can produce damage to the myelin sheath in mice, resulting in hyperactivity.
That being said, it would be difficult for someone to pinpoint exposure to EMFs all the time, since most of the symptoms occur after there has been an accumulation of radiation in our tissues. Some people can get used to that. Some, apparently cannot.
Referring again to the nocebo effect, some scientists think that people experiencing negative symptoms from any treatment can be due to their negative beliefs in that treatment. It is also believed that many of the noted EHS symptoms may be from other pre-existing and underlying conditions that they perceive as EHS.
Even though some scientists do not take exposure to EMFs very seriously, the increase in our gadget consumption has produced some unavoidable facts.
How Do Cell Phones Affect Our Body?
- Cell phones emit radiation in the low radio frequency region of the electromagnetic spectrum.
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation cell phones (2G, 3G and 4G) emit radiofrequency in the frequency range of 0.7 - 2.7 GHz. Still pretty low with limited exposure.
- The 5th generation, or 5G cell phones are anticipated to use frequency on the spectrum range up to 80 GHz.
- Earbuds emit this frequency directly into the brain via the ear canal. This - over extended periods of time can accumulate radiation in our brains unless we use proper radiation repelling tools to focus that radiation away from the brain instead, such as the earbud wraps created by WaveBlock.
EMFs have a growing effect on the human body:
- EMFs affect cellular communication by voltage-gated calcium channels (VGCC). This is a method of communication our bodies use to send signals across membranes.
- Neurotransmitter function
- A disruption of these signals are caused by altering pathways via VGCC which impacts neurotransmitter function - like serotonin and dopamine which are responsible for mood, memory and attention span.
- Smart devices like smartphones, tablets and social media are engineered to focus us on our vulnerabilities, triggering an addictive, dopamine release.
- Gene expression
- Muscle contractions, etc.
These can be linked to:
- Change in heart rate and blood pressure
- Cognitive impairment, (affecting the mental action or process of acquiring knowledge and understanding through thought, experience and the senses).
- Altered protein contractions in the skin.
- Oxidative stress. If our antioxidant defense system is unable to prevent the harmful effects of free radicals, it can cause many diseases such as cancer in our cells. Many studies show that EMF exposure results in oxidative stress throughout many tissues of our bodies due to increased free radical concentrations.
- Gliomas and acoustic neuromas, two types of brain tumors.
How to reduce EMF exposure
Enough of the bad stuff. What about the good stuff? How can we limit or eliminate the harmful effects of EMFs while still enjoying our “stuff”?
EMF studies are not 100% conclusive yet - but exposure to EMFs also cannot be ignored and can increase the intensity of some pre-existing ailments. So how do we prevent this? Some suggestions are as follows:
- Turn off devices when not in use, (including tablets, computers or any smart device).
- Turn off WiFi router at night if possible. (There are mechanized timers available to do this automatically if so desired.)
- Leave devices out of the bedroom. EMFs can interfere with sleep patterns and sexual performance.
- Be aware of how close you are to high-voltage power lines, radio towers and cell towers if possible.
- Carry your cell phone as far away from your person as possible.
- Supplements that can counter EMF effects on the body are currently known as vitamin A, C and D3. Vitamin E enables the other three to be significantly more effective.
- Use available radiation protectors when using your personal gadgets such as WaveBlock wraps for earbuds and cell phone guards.
In our current world atmosphere of high technology, we should not be afraid of these wonderful devices, but be aware and educated in how to safely use them.
Look at the protective alternatives that will enable you to live in our modern world and continue to be healthy.
Explore your choices NOW at: www.waveblock.com